Thursday, September 8, 2011

unseen blessings

Recently I read a blog of someone complaining because his wife was asked to be the Young Women's camp director for church and she would be away from home and their 3 year old for an entire week. The person's comment was, "If it hadn't been for my mother-in-law, we never would have managed."

As I have thought about that situation, it reminds me of how often we take blessings for granted and do not recognize them. Can you imagine Moses saying, "If it wasn't for the sea parting when we left Egypt, we never would have managed."

In both cases, it seems to me, the Lord provided a means of escape from the problems facing the individual. It's just one was more obvious than the other.

Until recently, I had been out of work and not had a permanent full time position for many months. A person familiar with my situation commented that I was not receiving any blessings in my life (regarding employment). That was from their perspective. From my perspective, it has been a great blessing to have our needs met and not be in serious financial situation, in spite of not having full time work for about 500 days.

My conclusion is that blessings are not always seen for what they are. I just hope that I can have the insight to see the blessings that come to me each day and not overlook them.

1 comment:

  1. that was beautiful. i shall send a link to my daughters in case they haven't read this..

    ReplyDelete